Vacancy: Publications and Research
Friends of Al-Aqsa have a full-time or part time vacancy within our busy team. The right candidate will be dynamic and conscientious and able to take the initiative to help us continue campaigning successfully. The right candidate may choose to join either our Leicester head office, or London branch office.
Friends of Al-Aqsa is an NGO concerned with defending the human rights of Palestinians and protecting the sacred al-Aqsa Sanctuary in Jerusalem. This vision is supported by various international groups and organisations. Friends of Al-Aqsa was first established in 1997 and has an international support base.
Job Title: Publications and Research Officer
Hours: Full Time 38 hours per week or Part Time
Salary: Full Time 25k (or more depending on experience) or Part Time pro rata.
Contract Type: Full Time/Part Time after a 6-month probationary period.
Job specification: A large part of our work centres on research and publications. We require someone who can take a lead in producing outputs such as press releases, news articles, referenced reports, campaign information and materials for social media. This role will require a dynamic person with excellent research skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, someone who can work under pressure and take personal initiative.
You will have a degree or equivalent qualification, and a track record of interest/experience/knowledge on the Palestine issue. You will be confident in the use of social media and can demonstrate your written skills by reference to previously published work.
- Providing research support for various FOA projects
- Primarily responsible for drafting outputs such as press releases, action alerts, campaign literature and articles
- Support in the drafting of detailed reports
- Taking a lead in the writing and editorial process for Aqsa News/Magazine
- Supporting various FOA branches with their research and resource needs
- Contributing to FOA social media such as writing scripts and drafting tweets, website content needs, and other relevant materials.
- Must have a degree or equivalent qualification
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent level of research skills
- Must be efficient and well-organised
- Must be flexible with time dependent on campaign needs, which will be reflective of the situation on the ground in Palestine
- Must be proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Must be confident and willing to undertake new challenges
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Palestine cause
- Must be able to work independently and part of a team
For further details or queries about this position, please email: email@example.com
Applicants should write a one page covering letter and include a full CV.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 17 August 2018.
Please email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org