Friends of Al-Aqsa is a UK based non-profit making NGO concerned with defending the human rights of Palestinians and protecting the sacred al-Aqsa Sanctuary in Jerusalem. This vision is supported by various international groups and organisations. Friends of Al-Aqsa was first established in 1997 and has an international support base.
The following aims and objectives are being pursued using all the available peaceful, legal and democratic means:
- Highlighting Human Rights abuses suffered by the Palestinians
- Putting pressure on the British government to make Israel respect International Law and human rights
- Bringing the Palestinian issue to the attention of those concerned with International Law, human rights and UN Resolutions
- Mobilising international condemnation for Israel’s apartheid policies to be manifested through the boycott of Israel
- Educating people on the issue of Palestine through conferences, lectures and publications
- Emphasising the significance and the centrality of the al-Aqsa Mosque to the Islamic faith and the Muslim identity and re-affirming the Muslim historic and religious rights to the area
- Working in conjunction with international heritage, cultural and humanitarian organisations in joint ventures to advance these aims
Join us in opposing this brutal occupation and working to achieve a Free Palestine by getting involved with your local branch.